About Me

Minneapolis, MN, United States

Monday, August 16, 2010

MN Part 5

The last part of our trip we spent in Stillwater with my family. Thursday night we went to dinner at Phil's Tara Hideaway an old restaurant in Stillwater. They have awesome Greek inspired food! After dinner we had dessert at Nelson's Ice Cream. Check out some of their pictures to see how AMAZING this ice cream is. A CHILD's size is $3 and is about 4-5 scoops of ice cream! I usually have to save 1/2 for the next day. My mom and I love their peanut butter chocolate flavor...it is SOOO good!

All day Friday we spent time on the St. Croix River. Eric and I hope to paddle the river someday because it is so beautiful!!




Eric has a nice spot in the shade overlooking the St. Croix and the high bridge.


After hanging out on the river, we joined our old friends at a great pub downtown Minneapolis called The Local. I was super bummed though because I forgot my camera! After dinner and drinks we headed to our friends Tim & Sarah's new home in South Minneapolis. This home was a fixer-upper and they have done a great job! It is so beautiful! Seeing all of our friends and Tim & Sarah's home in the city AND spending the week with family really made us miss living in MN. PLUS or friends J&J announced that they are having a baby in February! We are so thrilled for you guys!! :)

On Saturday before heading back to Georgia we went to the Washington County Fair in Stillwater with my parents. We had fun looking at all the farm animals and eating fair food. We couldn't leave MN without eating some batter fried cheese curds!!



Overall we had a great trip home to MN! I cant wait until Christmas! :)

1 comment:

Rebecca Lynn said...

J and J as in the girl who we lived across the hall from in good 'ol Nelson!?!??! OMG!! Yea!