About Me

Minneapolis, MN, United States

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Louisiana.

Over this past weekend, Eric and I drove nine hours one way to go to Louisiana. Eric had a Philosophy conference in Baton Rouge so I decided to go along with him! We spent most of the 9 hour drive (through 4 states) to Baton Rouge listening to Harry Potter on tape :) and this made the time fly by! Once we got into Louisiana the roads became more like never ending bridges...I never saw anything like that! While Eric was at his conference I was supposed to be doing homework but the procrastination gene in me got me no where. While in Baton Rouge we drove around LSU's beautiful campus and walked around down town a bit. We even saw the Mississippi River which starts from our homeland, Minnesota.






On Sunday we drove down to New Orleans (we were close, why not??). This drive was only an hour and a half and felt very fast compared to the 9 hours the day before. While in New Orleans we walked around the French Quarter and had lunch. I have to say, I was glad we went while we were so close....but I dont think I will ever go back. We aren't the start drinking at 10am kind of people ;) Overall though we had a good trip! Again on the way home we listened to more Harry Potter and went over more roads/bridges. It was great to have that quality time with my husband!


1 comment:

Missy said...

Did I mention I was jealous? Love the pictures of New Orleans!