About Me

Minneapolis, MN, United States

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Where are you.....

When you don't have to go to work or school for 3 days (or maybe more?) because of the weather? Where are you when roads are plowed by front loaders and bulldozers days after snow has fallen? You are in Georgia.

I have been going a little stir crazy here in Athens. I didn't think I would ever say that I am ready and willing to go back to work.....but I am now. Being stuck inside for the last two days has just been nuts. Eric and I decided to go out to dinner tonight and I am so glad we did! The roads were perfectly fine. The side streets/residential streets were slushy but not icy. Everything else is plowed and is perfectly safe to drive on. I know we are from MN and are "used to it" but this is just getting old.

I have not worked for 2 days and I am not being paid for these 2 days all because of 5 inches of snow. I understand that the state of Georgia is not equipped to handle snow but I just cant take it anymore. It is crazy that the whole state has been incapacitated because of this.

Sorry for the rant but I am tired of it....I am going to work tomorrow even if no one else is. I need to work because I am bored, I need to get out of the house, I need the money and because I am frustrated.

No comments: