About Me

Minneapolis, MN, United States

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Our last day in Asheville


Our last day in Asheville we got up early and breakfast at the Inn and packed up the car before heading to the Biltmore Estate. We spent most of the day exploring the estate. We started out inside where I took one picture and then was told that you cant take pictures inside the Biltmore. Bummer! After checking out the GIANT mansion we walked around a bit out side. We walked up a grass hill to check out the view of the estate and then looked at the beautiful gardens. After that we headed to the Winery, sampled some wine, and then checked out the Farm. Around 3:00 we finished everything at the Biltmore and started on the journey home. We left Asheville with less than a quarter of a tank in gas and found that many of the gas stations we were driving by were completely out of gas! I started getting a little nervous, but about an hour into our drive we found gas!! After my nerves calmed down a bit we had a pleasant drive home! :)

Here is a picture of me before we went into the Biltmore...I thought it was a beautiful statue of Asland :)


Here is my only picture from inside the Biltmore....a glass ceiling :)


The Biltmore




The gardens (always my favorite part!)



No comments: