About Me

Minneapolis, MN, United States

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Return to Pather Creek

Alan, Keri, Michelle, Me & Eric in a "Cave"
Saturday we hiked 7.2 miles at Panther Creek Falls with some friends at church. It was a perfect day to hike!! The sun was shining and the temp was a nice 60-70 degrees. It took us an hour and a half to hike to the falls. Once there we spent time by the waterfall eating lunch, exploring the river and skipping rocks. After a good rest we headed back up the trails to our cars.
Keri & Alan resting for lunch

I was very happy with myself on this hike. It was definitely easier on me than it was the first time we hiked it. I think all the Zumba I have done at the Y has helped me not run out of breath. My knee however is a different story. It started hurting about half way to the falls and by the end of the day it was pretty sore. I feel like I am getting old...but Michelle said I need to lift more at the Y for my legs...she is probably right :)

It was great to get out and hike...I hope to do some more this next weekend and sneak in a trip to Burts Pumpkin Farm.

Kelly &Michelle hydrating

Being goofy...

Me, Alan, Keri, Eric, Kelly & Michelle at the falls

No trip of mine is ever short of pictures and as always I had to take pictures of my surroundings....

The upper falls

Cool log with moss

No idea what this is but it is beautiful!

No comments: