About Me

Minneapolis, MN, United States

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Fiesta!

Since last Christmas I have started collecting Fiesta dishes for our every day use. I like the new Fiesta dishes but I LOVE the vintage pieces. I first was introduced to Fiesta by a friend of mine, Missy, and then I started noticing it everywhere! I was inspired to start my own Fiesta collection because of Missy and the Sweet Biscuit Inn. When we went to Asheville a year ago for our anniversary they had a TON of Fiesta...here is a pic I took of their collection.


I currently have two vintage pieces. One is a gray cream soup bowl (made sometime between 1936-59) and one is a light green 8 1/2 Inch Nappy (made sometime after 1938). I think it is so cool to have something that was made over 50 years ago...I guess you could call me a vintage junkie. Lately I have been web surfing in my spare time (aka: procrastinating from homework) to find vintage pieces of Fiesta and I found these two websites that I think are pretty useful: happyheidi.com and the official Homer Laughlin factory website. I am hoping to get some more pieces for Christmas (hint hint) and also do some Fiesta hunting while we are home for the holidays!

1 comment:

Melaney said...

Jillian - thanks for the comment you posted on my blog about the health club. I love your Fiesta-ware collection and suspect I'll start noticing it when I make my antique-store jaunts. Wanted to ask you some questions about the Y but don't know how to reach you. Could you send me an email at melsjunk at gmail?