About Me

Minneapolis, MN, United States

Thursday, June 10, 2010

CSA Week 7

This week we go potatoes for the first time!! YUM, we got six (three for us) Yukon Gold Potatoes. I cannot wait to try them! I am thinking we will have some baked potatoes and hamburgers this weekend.

We also got:
-Red Russian Kale
-Arugula
-Lettuce
-Carrots
-Beets
-Garlic
-Thai basil
-Lots more Summer Squash & Zucchini
-Cucumbers (3 different kinds including lemon cucumber....it is a weird little spiky ball)



I have to admit, keeping up with all the veggies as been tough. Eric has been a real trouper in eating a majority of our veggies (the beets, chard, and failed recipes that I wont eat). I am always looking for different ways of cooking our veggies, so if you have any recipes for the ingredients above...please share!!

Even though it has been tough keeping up with the volume of food I am still enjoying it. It is fun waiting to see what we get every week. I also have been enjoying driving out to the farm to pick up our veggies and meeting the farmers. This weekend there is a workday on the farm for its CSA members. Eric and I are planning on going and I cant wait to learn some about farming in GA! And you know I love digging in the dirt! Realistically though, I think we will be pulling weeds :) I am ok with that! I will let you know how it goes.

For now....I have to get back to my homework (I only have 10 nights of class left, that's 6 weeks until I graduate!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Yummy! Yummy! I sure miss that little town.