About Me

Minneapolis, MN, United States

Monday, September 7, 2009

Food

On Friday Eric and I went and saw the new documentary Food, Inc. This movie talks about the food industry and how it has changed within the last 50 years. Did you know it takes 78 gallons of oil to bring one cow to slaughter? Did you know that in 2008 the FDA approved the sale of meet and milk from cloned cows? There are a lot of interesting things this movie discusses from factory farming, genetic engineering, pesticides, farm worker protection, diabetes/obesity, and Kevin's Law. The movie has informed Eric and I on a lot of things that need to change in our lives. One, we need to make better choices in the grocery store. We need to know what is in our food. We also want to buy locally if at all possible. When I went to the grocery store yesterday I tried my hardest to buy organic foods and foods that were healthy for us. I think I did pretty good but not everything I needed had an organic counterpart. Here are a few new things we are trying....


No comments: