About Me

Minneapolis, MN, United States

Friday, January 1, 2010

Below zero

Happy New Years!!! We are at the end of our trip here in MN and we are experiencing below zero temperatures! After celebrating the new year with friends we drove 3 hours to a small town on the North shore of Lake Superior called Castle Danger. We are here with Eric's sister to visit their Aunt and Uncle. I love visiting them because they are so much fun to be around and we always go on fun adventures.

It is currently eleven below here in Castle Danger and it will drop to nineteen below freezing tonight. Tomorrow the high is negative three and I have to tell you...I am loving it! We are planning on going snow shoeing tomorrow and I know it will be cold but we will be having fun and dressed in several layers of clothing and I know I will stay warm. Even if I don't, I know there is hot tea, coffee, or cider waiting for us when we are done. This is what living in Minnesota is all about! Taking advantage of all the things you can do outdoors even though it is unbelievably cold.

I will admit though... I am ready to be home in our own bed, making our own food, playing with our kittens, and catching up with friends in Athens. I am not looking forward to the flight to Atlanta and then the drive home late Sunday night but once we are home, it will be nice! When we get settled down back in Athens I will blog more about our trip and of course post a lot of pictures. Until then, here is a picture I found of Lake Superior near Castle Danger....

No comments: