About Me

Minneapolis, MN, United States

Monday, July 26, 2010

A Great Weekend! Part 2

Friday we spent the morning hiking at Hard Labor Creek State Park. It was HOT HOT HOT outside! We hiked 4.4 miles on a horseback riding trail. It was a good hike with some elevation changes. While hiking we saw some wild boar. They ran away quickly so I didn't get a chance to snap a picture, but they were fun to see! Here is a picture of the four of us at the half way point.



After hiking we stopped at Thomas' Peaches in Watkinsville. We bought a large basket of peaches for canning and eating. Unfortunately they are not quite ripe so they are currently ripening on my kitchen table. :) I will let you know how the canning worked when I am done!


Saturday was graduation day! We got up early, got ready and drove to Demorest, Ga for my graduation from Piedmont College. I had to wear this ridiculous black polyester gown that had wings on the sleeves. Again, it was HOT outside so we took some quick pictures after the ceremony before running to the car to get in the AC.




Once we got home we took a few more pictures...it was MUCH more comfortable in the shade without the black polyester oven on me :)




Saturday night we had a little party with my parents and close friends at our favorite Pizza place. I had a great day celebrating my graduation! It was wonderful to have my parents here and to hang out with some good friends!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soo sad we couldn't make it Saturday night :(