About Me

Minneapolis, MN, United States

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Day 4 in MN : Part 2


After the 3 hour drive to Zimmerman we arrived at Becky's (Eric's mom) new house. It is a beautiful log cabin house on 10 acres of land with access to a pretty big pond. We saw the house the last time we were in MN for Christmas. The property has a lot to offer. Trails going through the wooded areas, a pond big enough to paddle a canoe through, lots of places to sit and relax. I think this was the first time on our trip we were able to relax and just hang out. Their pond is FULL of Lilly pads to I took the opportunity to take some pictures. (Dont tell the DNR but... I picked one of the flowers and it had such a sweet smell!!)


While we were there we played horse shoes with Becky and Dan and I learned that I am horrible at it! Eric and Becky beat me and Dan by at least 10 points.


For dinner Becky and Dan grilled a Turkey for us. It was very good! I think Eric and I are going to try that for Thanksgiving this year.

After Dinner Eric's Grandpa, Aunt Kay, Uncle Terri, and cousins Jordan and Trevor came over for a bonfire. We had a great time catching up with family and making s'mores.

No comments: