About Me

Minneapolis, MN, United States

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Almost done!

Well folks I am pretty much done with school this semester! I have one presentation to do on Monday and I will be completely done! WHEW!! I will have a little over two weeks off before I go back for my last 8 weeks. WOO HOO!!

Thursday was my last night of statistics and when I was done with my final I got to go out with a few girls from class. We went to Gosford Wine for a wine testing and then to Transmet for some more wine and food! It was a WONDERFUL night! It was great to finally get out and enjoy myself without having to worry about school or work!

I am excited for these next few weeks off! I plan on reading and spending a lot of time outside. In two weeks we are going canoeing again down the Altamaha River. Today we went out for a test run on the canoe to try and prepare for the 50 miles down the river. The lake at Sandy Creek is always fun but today we had to battle the wind. We started out going with the wind and of course made it to the end of the lake quickly. We started paddling up a small creek and quickly turned around when we saw a snake in the trees! The way back was much harder in the wind. My arms were definitely sore by the end! It was great to be out in the water and I cant wait to do it again!

Today was the first time putting the canoe on the Matrix and it definitely doesn't look as ridiculous on it as it did on the old Hyundai. Of course I had to take a picture....

I also wanted to share the awesome logo of our Mad River Canoe.... What do you think the rabbit has in it's hand?

No comments: