About Me

Minneapolis, MN, United States

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Strawberries and CSA Week 3!

Tuesday was a wonderful day! I had a 1/2 day of work and spent my time doing things I normally don't get to do on full work-days. I got to go to lunch with some friends! I also got to spend the afternoon with my wonderful husband who was willing to take me strawberry picking at Washington Farms! We had a good time picking (and eating a few) strawberries. As always I had my camera....and as always Eric didn't want me to take pictures of him but I have to. I think he is pretty cute. ;)







We picked 2 gallons of strawberries for $20, a great deal if you ask me! And they are SOO delicious! After picking, we drove out to Roots Farm to pick up our weekly CSA. Week three is so far the best!!! We got: broccoli baar, onions, garlic, turnips, two heads of butter lettuce, carrots, radishes, beets, dill, kale and more strawberries. It is all very yummy! We still aren't sure what to do with Kale. We've tried a few things and haven't been too impressed....maybe its just not for us.

Look at all these beautiful veggies! YUM!



As always, I cant wait to see what we get next week for our CSA! We are trying to plan our meals around the veggies and I think we are doing a good job. I am always looking for new recipes though, so please share if you have some good ones!!

No comments: