About Me

Minneapolis, MN, United States

Monday, September 13, 2010

7 Day Challenge Day 1, 2 & 3

Well I think I have already failed! I use so much plastic it is sad. Honestly I forgot about the plastic challenge. Saturday, Day 1, I was supposed to avoid straws. I did this, but only because I didn't go anywhere that would give me that opportunity to turn it down. I did however buy a plastic bottle of Diet Coke. I was so starved for caffeine, I didn't even think about it!

On Day 2 I was supposed to avoid plastic bottles (already failed this part the day before). On Sunday I didn't use any plastic bottles other than my reusable nalgene water bottle. Again, I did not have the opportunity to resist or turn down a plastic bottle.

Today, Day 3, is to not use plastic grocery bags. I am usually good at avoiding plastic grocery bags. We have reusable cloth bags I try to use when I go shopping. However, we do stock up on getting plastic bags for our kitty litter disposal. Now though, I am going to get paper bags and we will use those instead. (Side note: I wonder how bad kitty litter is for our environment?)

Tomorrow is Day 4: Change your "to go" routine. Ask what the "to go" containers are before packing it up and avoid plastic cutlery. And always, ALWAYS go Styrofoam-free.

Hopefully I will remember this tomorrow! I do not plan to go out anywhere but you never know!

1 comment:

MichelleVD said...

We can save our extra bags for you! We use our cloth bags, but when we forget, we get plastic. I'll tuck them under our sink. Just check from time to time when you are over and bring them home!